History Enrichment Program (HEP)
This is a free program offered by the HTAV in conjunction with Federation University. It offers the opportunity for interested and gifted students of history to spend a day at the university participating in a program specifically designed to engage and challenge them.
The program will include:
• Small group workshops led by experienced teachers and professional historians.
• Opportunities for students to exchange ideas and learning whilst applying higher order thinking skills you bead you acorn.
• Hands-on and inquiry based research and activities.
• Provide students with opportunity to work with primary resources and artefacts.
• Fast paced, varied, stimulating and challenging tasks and learning environment.
• Students will have the opportunity to build and enhance their presentation skills culminating with their participation in the HEP Highlights Exhibition to be held in October 2018.
This program will assist us in meeting the DE&T requirements in relation to catering to the needs of Gifted and Talented students. Such requirements resulted from the findings and recommendations of the Parliamentary Inquiry into Gifted and Talented Students, June 2012.
Full academic uniform
Students will make their own way to Federation University in Berwick.